XANO CHANNEL is a non profit association of teachers, inspectors of education and professionals, created in 2010 that aims to promote active citizenship, personal and professional growth, employment, non-formal education and the use of ICT among organizations and people. The activities and objectives of the organization are inspired by the principles of equal opportunities for disadvantaged people and between men and women. The association also focuses on the inclusion of diversity, encouraging participation of people with different cultural and educational background in order to promote mutual understanding, interculturality and a peaceful coexistence.
They stand for working in a collaborative way, creating synergy and exchanging expertise and methodologies with local and international organizations, in order to maximize the impact of of the activities we carry out.
Their main objectives are:
- To promote and encourage lifelong learning for teachers, trainers, adults and young people
- Enhancing a quality education for youth and adults with learning difficulties, using ICT and non formal education
- Tackling youth and adults’ unemployment by offering work orientation and traineeships services for young people, matching personal talents and aspirations with local labour market’s needs.
- Creating, sharing and exploiting innovative methodologies and tools for fostering employment.
- Enhancing personal and professional growth of teachers, adults and young people by providing educational and training services, both locally and abroad (transnational mobility) as well as designing and delivering programmes and courses
- Promoting culture, sport, leisure and arts, by organizing and participating in cultural events (conferences, seminars, workshops, concerts, exhibitions, outings, hiking, etc.) and recreational activities